Employer Sponsored Pipeline Programs
Augsburg University Employer Sponsored Pipeline Programs uniquely support underrepresented students as they complete their academic career and ensure they have intentional opportunities to develop professional skills and connections. By partnering with Augsburg, employers will create brand awareness on campus, and will receive support in identifying and efficiently recruiting the next generation of engaged employees.
Each Employer Sponsored Pipeline Program is designed with the particular needs of the employer in mind, and they are all founded on four pillars which are critical to the success of the model: scholarship, internship, mentorship and professional development.
Travelers EDGE is our flagship pipeline program. It is a national program in partnership and funded by Travelers Insurance. Augsburg has been a strong partner since 2010.
Travelers EDGE stands for Empowering Dreams for Graduation and Employment. The program focuses on the following goals:
- Increase the pipeline of underrepresented students to college
- Help underrepresented students graduate from college
- Build awareness of career opportunities in insurance and financial services
- Financial Support – Annual scholarship up to $14,000/year
- Paid summer internships at Travelers Insurance
- Professional Development – Annual Professional Development Institute in Hartford, Connecticut; Access to all Strommen Center services and events
- Mentorship – Paired with Travelers employee or Travelers EDGE alumni
- Peer-to-peer Support – Monthly cohort meetings with all Scholars during the academic year; Part of the EDGE “family”
- Academic Support – Monthly 1:1 check-ins with Program Managers relating to coaching, advising, tutoring and/or connecting to other resources
- Attend all onboarding training and orientation sessions
- Monthly 1:1 with Augsburg’s and Travelers EDGE Program Managers
- Monthly cohort meetings on professional development topics
- Attend Professional Development Institute
- Apply for summer internship at Travelers. Required to do at least one.
- Submit documents to renew scholarship annually
- Select a major within the program guidelines
- Take at least 12 credits/semester
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Application for 2024-2025
The application cycle for 2024-2025 is closed.
- Current high school senior planning to enroll at Augsburg University in the 2024-2025 school year (OR) Current Augsburg student who is a first-year student
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Planning to study one of the accepted majors
- Business Administration/Management
- Computer Science
- International Business
- Management Information Systems
- Personal information
- 2 short answer questions
- Copy of your unofficial transcript
- Recommender contact information (this can be a teacher, counselor, supervisor, etc as long as they’re not a peer or related to you)
- Copy of your parent’s federal 1040 form
|December 1, 2023
|January 18, 2024
Application can be found on Scholarship America.
Review our Resource on how to navigate the application and how to prepare for the interview. If you have any questions, please contact Ma Xiong-Nguyen at email@example.com.
Meet Our Scholars
Augsburg is currently serving 14 students in this 23-24 academic year. Meet some of our Scholars below!